The History of "W.E. Naylor," Duryea, PA.
Be sure to visit www.DuryeaPA.com for more great photos and history on the town and it's residents!
William E. Naylor was the son of William H. Naylor.
William H. Naylor came to America from England in 1880 and before entering business was employed in the coal mines of the Duryea, PA area, later entering the harness business in Pittston. Mr. Naylor also conducted a meat market and grocery business until his retirement. His wife, the former Martha Sanderson, died in 1936. Two of the Naylor's sons were William E. Naylor, owner of the Naylor's Garage featured on this page, and George Naylor of West Pittston, superintendent of Marcy Cemetery Association. On Mr Naylor's 90th birthday anniversary, the "Good Shepard" stained glass window was installed at the Brick Methodist Church as a gift of the Naylor family who were members of the church since 1883.